Helpful guides from D3V & Google Cloud.
CIO’s Guide to Application Modernization
Organizations are under immense pressure to become agile and innovative. Customers are changing. Competition is emerging faster & from unexpected places. Get ahead of the curve.
About this Whitepaper
About this Whitepaper
In the last five years, businesses around the world have been going through immense pressure by market conditions and competitors. On top of that, the global pandemic, in many ways, catalyzed existing business problems to completely new heights. The burden of a lot of these new challenges fell on the shoulders of the CIO who are now tasked to solve a series of business problems and do so, very urgently.
Some of these challenges include:
- increase visibility across both internal operations and over volatile market conditions
- reduce costs in a period where cash inflow is limited
- Increase productivity (especially under new working conditions) while preserving capital and without disruption
Thankfully, CIOs’ lives can be made easier with a step-by-step deployment of cloud computing technology - particularly, the deployment of application modernization technologies and practices.
This whitepaper guides readers through a series of tried-and-test steps, best practices, and approaches related to application modernization that can be especially helpful to CIOs who want to learn:
- How to identify bottlenecks and create an action-oriented roadmap to prepare the company’s IT operations for the future
- How to preserve capital by reusing existing services
- How to develop your cloud architecture and modernization roadmap
- How to establish a success-oriented modernization process
- How to leverage Google Cloud Platform and its technology partners for quick results
- The first step to any form of cloud migration should be to assess the company’s portfolio of core applications.
- Following a decoupled operating model that focuses on common objectives is essential - businesses can do this in a number of ways.
- In order to make the most out of cloud computing, different technologies must be used together to make overall operations cheaper, more flexible, and faster.
- Ideally, modernization shouldn’t be a solo exercise. Instead, working with a certified Google Cloud team can significantly improve time-to-market and resilience while reducing failures and ambiguity in operations.